Mon, Feb 22|
For Therapists: Learning and Implementing Internal Family Systems Therapy - February 2021
Integration of Multiplicity, Systems Thinking, Interpersonal Neurobiology and Attachment Theory
Time & Location
Feb 22, 2021, 9:00 AM CST – Feb 26, 2021, 5:00 PM CST
Ratcliff Counseling, 401 East Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
About the Event
About Subpersonalities, Systems, and Self
Subpersonalities, Systems and Self is an eclectic approach in guiding clients utilizing psychotherapy built upon the concepts of systems thinking, multiplicity, and attachment. This approach is a non-pathologizing intrapsychic therapy in which events (trauma, adverse experiences) have influenced parts (subpersonalities) of the system to become extreme protectors of the vulnerable, hurting, young parts of the system. This therapy attends to all parts of the system as having good intentions while healing relationships between these extreme and hurting parts with the Self of the person.
This training will be conducted through lecture, videos, experiential activities, and hands-on learning.
• Lectures will include information needed for successful implementation of the model
• Videos of experiential activities and demonstrations
• Activities will include detecting parts, contracting, and inner-relationship work
• Experiential groups will allow you to practice the model under guidance from the team
Required Reading (included in price and will be mailed to you when you register)
• Schwartz, R. C. (1997). Internal family systems therapy. Guilford Press.
• Anderson, F. G., Sweezy, M., & Schwartz, R. D. (2017). Internal family systems skills training manual: Trauma-Informed treatment for anxiety, depression, PTSD & substance abuse. PESI Publishing & Media.
• Journal for recording your experiences at training (provided at training)
Upon receipt of your deposit, the first two books listed above will be mailed to you for you to begin delving into this therapy modality. The insight and knowledge you acquire prior to training will better equip you to begin using the therapy on day one of the training. The journal will be provided to you on the first day of training.
The total cost is $850. After you register you will be sent an invoice.
• Lunch and Snacks (morning and afternoon) each day of the training
• 3 Books
• 5 consultation/collaboration sessions after the training to support you as you implement IFS in your practice
• Up to 35 CEUs
• Training Manual including information, reference material, and activities to implement in your practice
• This training is highly experiential and may elicit strong emotions while practicing and learning the model. However, because these are in the context of training, it should not be considered psychotherapy.
• This training is not the official IFS therapy training offered through the Center for Self-Leadership. If you desire IFS Certification, go to www.selfleadership.org
• By registering and attending, you attest to afford trust and confidentiality all participants throughout the training.
Cost is $850. I will send the invoice when you register.$0.00