Tue, Mar 24|
For Therapists: 1-Day Workshop- Internal Family Systems and Faith: March 2020 (1)
Time & Location
Mar 24, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Ratcliff Counseling, 401 East Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
About the Event
About Subsystems, Systems, Self and Faith
This workshop is an eclectic approach in guiding clients utilizing psychotherapy built upon the concepts of systems thinking and multiplicity. This approach is a non-pathologizing intrapsychic therapy in which events (trauma, adverse experiences) have influenced parts (subpersonalities) of the system to become extreme protectors of the vulnerable, hurting, young parts of the system. This therapy attends to all parts of the system as having good intentions while healing relationships between these extreme and hurting parts with the Self of the person.
Similar to how Jesus treated sinners, we approach our parts with compassion, understanding, and forgiveness. Transformational change occurs when adopt a Christ-like love for parts in which they begin to stop the maladaptive behaviors and begin to support the wholeness of the person. This therapy modality allows the client to free space for the Holy Spirit to dwell more fully within the hearts, minds, and bodies of people.
· Overview of the IFS Model
· Discover and Discuss the Ethics of Spirituality and Psychotherapy
· Explore how biblical scriptures and principals relate to systems thinking, multiplicity, and Self
· Understand God’s perspective on Self and Spirit
· Healing polarizations and facilitating forgiveness
· How to utilize prayer for and from our parts
· Developing and Maintaining a Spirit-Led Life
Schedule and Program Information
· March 24, 2020; 9 AM to 5 PM
· Lunch with Morning & Afternoon Breaks
· 7 Program Hours (6.5 CEUs)
· Program Cost $130.
· Lunch and Snacks (morning and afternoon) provided
· 6.5 CEUs
· Training Manual including reference material and activities to implement in your practice
· This training is experiential and may elicit strong emotions while practicing and learning.
· This training is not the official or in any way affiliated with the Center for Self-Leadership. If you desire the official IFS training or IFS Certification, go to www.selfleadership.org or www.ifs-institute.com.
· By registering and attending, you attest to afford trust and confidentiality all participants throughout the training.